JT
Posted By
Joh_Timm
May 2, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
New to this program. Whatever I save only opens in photoshop elements. Sent a file through the email button-in Elements- to a Windows machine that does not have Elements, and it could not be opened. Had to use Toy Viewer to open the file and save it as a jpeg to my desktop, then put it into an email as an attachment. How do I save a file to my pictures folder so that it bypasses Elements when I want to use it again?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JM
Joseph Meehan
May 2, 2005
wrote:
New to this program. Whatever I save only opens in photoshop elements. Sent a file through the email button-in Elements- to a Windows machine that does not have Elements, and it could not be opened. Had to use Toy Viewer to open the file and save it as a jpeg to my desktop, then put it into an email as an attachment. How do I save a file to my pictures folder so that it bypasses Elements when I want to use it again?

I believe that Elements defaults to the Photoshop file format when it saves a file. You can always use the "Save As" option and choose the format you want like jpeg by clicking on the file type box.

Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
NS
Nancy_S
May 2, 2005
If the file was saved in .psd, then the viewer would need Photoshop to open the file. Saving the file in jpg format should allow anyone to open your image.

Most of us use File>Save for Web to construct an image suitable for screen viewing (not printing). Using the default, this produces a jpg of the same name. After you click OK there (in SFW) and the screen returns to your psd, answer NO when asked to save. This preserves your psd as well as the jpg. Just open your email program and navigate to this jpg and add as an attachment.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections