Posted By
Phil_Petiford
May 4, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
APE 3.0, Mac OSX 10.3.8
After approx. 45 seconds after going to "Help", the APE 3 icon starts bouncing in the dock. After quitting "Help", the error message "Could not complete your request because the file is locked. Use the ‘Get Info’ command in the Finder to unlock the file." This has also happened while printing.

The APE 3 file is locked when I go to Applications/APE 3/Get Info, but unlocking it does not change the problem. Clicking the button "Apply to enclosed items…" also does not change anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Phil

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

M
mazirion
May 4, 2005
In article ,
wrote:

APE 3.0, Mac OSX 10.3.8
After approx. 45 seconds after going to "Help", the APE 3 icon starts bouncing in the dock. After quitting "Help", the error message "Could not complete your request because the file is locked. Use the ‘Get Info’ command in the Finder to unlock the file." This has also happened while printing.
The APE 3 file is locked when I go to Applications/APE 3/Get Info, but unlocking it does not change the problem. Clicking the button "Apply to enclosed items…" also does not change anything.

Any ideas?

This is not the group to be asking this, but…

APE doesn’t install an icon in the dock. It is a pref pane, much like all the hacks that use APE.

Your best bet is to dump APE and all its hacks. They can cause problems with the system.
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 4, 2005
Phil,

Have you repaired permission? Disk Utility / Repair Permission.

Also, I remember reading something about this problem on this forum. May I suggest, if you did not already, that you run a search for this problem on the Forum?

Ray

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections