JM
Posted By
Jim_McCleneghen
May 8, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I install Elements it begins consuming 98%+ of system CPU resources. I have to go into the Windows Task Manager/Processes and manually delete the elements application in order to return to some reasonable level of performance.

What is going on here? Anyone else have that problem?

I’m on a Win XP system.

Thanks,

Jim

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RF
Robert_F_Carruth
May 8, 2005
Jim,

The symptoms you describe, though they don’t happen to everyone, can probably be cured with the procedure described in this FAQ:

Jim Jütte, "Services cause Poor Performance, Lost devices, Hangs, etc (Win)." #, 30 Mar 2005 8:49 am </cgi-bin/webx?50>

For more detailed information try this page from Barbara Brundage (one of the really knowledgeable people here:

< http://digitalmedia.oreilly.com/2005/03/30/PE3forWindows.htm l>

Bob
JM
Jim_McCleneghen
May 9, 2005
Bob, thanks for this reference. It certainly seems to include my issues. I will give it a try later today.

Thanks again,

Jim
SS
sidney_shore
May 9, 2005
printing 4×6 photos with borders print comes out with 3 borders ok 4th border 15/16in wide.What do i do? Sid
CW
Colin_Walls
May 9, 2005
Sid

Post this again as a new topic – it will get lost here.
Also tell us:
Windows or Mac?
PSE version?
What printer?
CW
Colin_Woodbridge
May 9, 2005
Sid….

This may be obvious but have you tried measuring the paper. Kodak 6 x 4 paper is actually 6.5 inches long, giving you a longer border one edge.

Colin #2

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections