DK
Posted By
Daniel_Krouse
May 13, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello all. I have PE2. If I load an image that is local to the computer it takes 30 seconds to 1 minute to show up on screen. If I load an image from a networked drive (Server) it pops up immediately. Any ideas??
Thanks
dk1

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Beth_Haney
May 13, 2005
An idea? Of course. An idea that is any good? Questionable.

The first thing I thought of was that Elements is looking on the server first, wasting time trying to find something that isn’t there.

You only asked for ideas! 🙂
DK
Daniel_Krouse
May 13, 2005
I actually get the same response time if I double click the file in it’s location OR if I open PE2 and choose File:Open. Don’t know if that helps or not.
dk1
BG
Byron Gale
May 13, 2005
Just to rule out an easy fix, have you tried deleting Elements’ preferences?

Press and hold CTRL-ALT-SHIFT a split-second after clicking the icon to start Elements. You should get a confirmation dialog about deleting the preferences. If not, you need to be faster on the key-press.
CF
Callum_Ferguson
May 14, 2005
DK.
If in a JPG > properties > Photoshop image, the "generate thumbnail" box is ticked, this will cause very slow opening of image folders, I can’t remember if that applied to single images, used to play hell with my PC.
Regards
Malcolm

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections