WR
Posted By
Werner_Reisacher
May 22, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I use Photoshop Element 2 on Windows XP. Until 1 week ago, no technical problems. Since then, following happens:
When I click on dodge, burn, sponge, smudge and the other tools in the same category in the toolbox, the cursor does no more turn into a "circle" that indicates the diamter of the application. Instead, the cursor turns into the icon of that particular tool and I can only guess the size of the brush etc. I removed and reloaded the Photoshop Element 2 software already 3 times. Problem continues to show up.
Thanks for any help.

Werner

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 22, 2005
Werner,

A couple of things to try … first one is check that the Caps Lock isn’t on. If it isn’t then try deleting the prefs file:

To do that close down Elements then click on the start up icon and quickly hold down the Control, Alt and Shift keys (If you are a Mac user Apple, Alt and Shift). Continue to hold down all three keys until you get a screen asking if you want to delete Settings … just say Yes.

Hopefully one of them will sort it out … do let us know how you go on 🙂

Wendy
WR
Werner_Reisacher
May 22, 2005
Hi Wendy,
Wow, you made my day. The caps lock was not the problem. The Ctr/Alt/Shift worked like a marvel. I am back in business…..!!
Thank you so much Wendy,

Werner
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 22, 2005
Hi Werner …

Glad you are up and running again …:) 🙂

Keep a note of the Ctr/Alt/shift, whenever strange things happen in Elements it usually the first thing I try 🙂

Wendy
BG
Byron Gale
May 23, 2005
Werner,

I see that you already got things remedied, so am posting more for posterity than anything else…

The cursor behavior you cite is directly addressable via Edit > Preferences
Display & Cursors.

What you describe is what you get when Standard is selected for the Painting Cursors. Choosing Brush Size restores their display to what you prefer.

Byron
WR
Werner_Reisacher
May 24, 2005
Thank you very much for taking the time to help me with my problem. I am amazed about the depth of technical knowledge some of you out there have and I am delighted to meet people that are prepared to share.
Thank you!

Werner

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections