M
Posted By
marionbabich
Feb 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m trying to do the the tutorial from Eddie Tapp at <http://www.eddietapp.com/PDFs/Enhance7.pdf> . After I do the gaussian blur and the take the snapshot, I get a program error message when I click on the history brush and apply it to my photo. Same thing with the erase to history brush. If someone else try this tutorial can they tell me if they get the same error message or is this just something on my machine.

Thank you in advance.
Marion

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Y
YrbkMgr
Feb 19, 2004
I tried it, no program errors.
M
marionbabich
Feb 19, 2004
hmmm. Wonder what the heck is going on then. Any ideas? I even rebooted.
Y
YrbkMgr
Feb 19, 2004
What is the error message?

If it’s possible that it’s related to video drivers, go to the system applet in control panel and find Video Harware Acceleration. Set it to none. If the problem goes away, it’s vid driver issue that is usually solved by updating or rolling back a version of drivers.

Peace,
Tony
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 19, 2004
have you reset your prefrences?
M
marionbabich
Feb 20, 2004
Hi Dave, yes I did reset the preferences thinking that might have something to do with it. No luck. Still looking for YrbkMgr’s suggestion but haven’t been able to find the video hardware acceleration yet.

Everything else works perfectly in PS CS. No complaints.

Marion
M
marionbabich
Feb 20, 2004
The error message says "Could not complete your request because of a program error."
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 20, 2004
"Could not complete your request because of a program error."

that’s usually prefrences, i know you must see this all the time here, but are you sure you actually reset the prefs?…

anyway, the vid acceleration is under control panel> desktop> settings> advanced> troubleshoot. (xp right?)

dave
M
marionbabich
Feb 20, 2004
Thanks dave for getting back. I reset the preferences again (hate it when I have to reset everything) but that didn’t help. I did turn off the acceleration and that didn’t do any good. The weird thing is, I can do the same technique as in the turorial with any other file and it works fine and no error message. I used the file that was in the turorial.

Oh well, nothing I can’t live with anyway. As always, thank you very much for your help.

Marion

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections