J
Posted By
joelsin
May 23, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When trying to open several images to a new blank screen the newly created screen is replaced with the file i want to move. This is strange because I used this method in PSE 2 without any difficulty. Now, when i use the same technique the files can’t be moved. I can’t find my way out of this deli ma, perhaps I am doing something wrong? I am new to PSE 3. Thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CW
Colin Walls
May 23, 2005
I haven’t a clue what you are trying to do. Do you actually want to move files about are are you trying to move an image from one file to another?
Are you on Windows or Mac?
J
joelsin
May 23, 2005
Sorry for the confusion. I am using windows xp and the PSE 3 software. I have made collages in the past using PSE2, and for some reason, the Elements 3 software doesn’t work the same way. When i make a blank screen and try to open and move pic files to the new screen with the move tool, the only thing that happens is the picture replaces the background screen in the layers pallet. Perhaps I have to set something prior to doing this? Thanks for the reply.
CW
Colin Walls
May 23, 2005
You are trying to drag the pictures from the photo bin. It doesn’t work that way. You need to have multi-window display mode set [button up in the top right]. Then select each picture in turn and drag from the layers palette.

However, I think it’s easier to select each picture [in any display mode] and do CTRL/A, CTRL/C [select all, copy] and go to the target image and CTRL/V [paste].

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections