AB
Posted By
andrea brin
May 27, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
how can i export a photo as a jpeg file with a caption?
thanks
andrea

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CW
Colin Walls
May 27, 2005
Which version of PSE do you have?
On Windows or Mac?
CW
Colin Walls
May 27, 2005
Do you want to write the caption onto the image or put it in the metadata of the image file?
B
Bernie
May 27, 2005
…..need more info…. where ya taking from??? where ya taking to???? Does it already have this Caption???? Image from the Web???, File??? Disc???
B
Bernie
May 27, 2005
LOL… Hi Colin….. hows things…..
AB
andrea brin
May 29, 2005
wil try to answer all your questions about my situation want the caption to be under the image not on the image. will be adding it to a data base that links photos to intems in the date base. am downloading the photo from the data base, editing it and then uploading it. it starts and finishes as a jpeg file. have photoshop elements 3 and am on a pc. hope that will help someone shed some light on the situation.
andrea
CW
Colin Walls
May 29, 2005
I’ll outline the basic steps, then you can ask for any details you need:
1) open the image
2) go to Image/Resize/Canvas Size
3) check the "relative" option
4) set the height to 5%
5) select the top, middle anchor
6) choose the text tool
7) set the text size to something sensible [you can change it later]
8) click on this strip you just created and type your caption
9) flatten the image
10) save as

Hopefully this’ll get you started.
AB
andrea brin
May 30, 2005
thanks i will try that
andrea
G
gasher
May 30, 2005

[If I am not in the right spot to ask this question, kindly tell me where to go (-: ]
I have been using a PC for some time. I’ve gone digital with my photos. I’d been using Photoshop Album (PSA) and I like it. But now I’m moving to a MAC since I’m told the Mac is the best way to go for a "serious" photographer. I’ve got Elements on my new MAC. But there is no Album for a MAC. What can I do? Is there another Adobe program that will give me what I am seeking? I want to be able to find particular photos quickly. That is one thing Album does very well.
Any and all suggestions greatly appreciated.
Gil
CW
Colin Walls
May 30, 2005
Gil

If I were you, I’d make a new posting asking your question with a suitable topic title like "What is the best Mac tool for organizing pictures?".
G
gasher
May 30, 2005
Dear Colin:
Thanks for your suggestion. I shall do so.
Gil

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections