AE
Posted By
Andrew_E_Livingstone
May 29, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am unable to see my creations in the editor preview as well as the full screen preview when using the green ‘play’ button. Just a black screen. Able to see and edit slide show,eg select transistions, add images etc. but unable to watch it. I don’t think I have an Adobe PDF reader on my computer. Is this the problem?

Thanks in advance

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

O
o3v3tz
May 30, 2005
Since you said Custom Slideshow, the presence or absence of Adobe Reader should not be a factor.

Do you have another system (PC or laptop) on which you can try this? Last time I worked with someone having this type of problem it worked for her on a different machine.

The suspected cause of this problem was a problem with her video card driver on the machine where she had the same symptons as you, but I don’t think she ever posted confirmation of a resolution. However, I suggest that you check the currency of your video card driver at your PC vendor’s or video card vendor’s web stie. Also check the level of Direct X software installed on your machine (Start button, Run, type in Dxdiag). I am running with Direct X 9.0c on Windows XP Home.

Barb Olson
AE
Andrew_E_Livingstone
May 31, 2005
Thanks for your input Barb and for taking your time to provide me with a direction on this issue.Thanks also for the DxDialog info. I have DirectX9.0c as well. I’m going to pursue the video card driver angle for now.

My video card is an 64nVidia GeForce2 MX. The main driver is a nv4_disp.dll,v.5.13.0001.1520, dated 8/31/2001. I visted the nVidia site and found a current driver for Windows XP, as well as another driver for Photoshop under the Adobe section. I don’t know if this Photoshop driver is specific to the Photoshop line or if it is okay for the Elements line as well. It is a huge file: 20.6 Mb, so I don’t want to download it until I’m sure it will be of help.(I’m on a dial-up service) Any thoughts?

I visited the Adobe site and downloaded the PSE 3.0.1 Update for good measure.

I guess I’ve been lucky. This is the first real software problem I’ve run into over the years. So now I get to learn more about my computer than I ever really wanted to. It’s a lovely sunny morning (I’m in EST) and I could be out taking pictures but instead here I am trying to solve this problem. And the raccoons got into my garbage can as well.
O
o3v3tz
May 31, 2005
Andrew,

Sorry but I don’t know that much about video card drivers, so I am hesitant to make a recommendation.

Perhaps someone else can help ?

Barb O
O
o3v3tz
May 31, 2005
Andrew,

click on the link below to read responses in the other thread

Colin Walls, "request assistance for question on video card driver" #1, 31 May 2005 2:45 pm </cgi-bin/webx?13/0>

Barb
AE
Andrew_E_Livingstone
Jun 3, 2005
Thanks Barb and Colin, I’m following through on the driver angle and will post when I have some results

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections