M
Posted By
MikeWhy
Oct 16, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Visicheck (www.visicheck.com) has a very cool Photoshop plug-in to simulate deuteranopia. For me personally, Protanope gamma 3.03 produces almost no perceptible change (on my monitor, likely with the calibration skewed, since I eyeballed it personally). Very highly saturated yellows become a little less so, but the difference is slight and the match exact otherwise. I believe the difference can be accounted for as a limitations of the monitor or the color space. Color samplers placed before applying the filter show a midling increase in red and green and no change in blue. The numeric difference is significant; the unchanged appearance can’t be explained away any other way. I’m satisfied that that the filter represents the error between what I see, and what "normal" sighted people see.

The question now is, how do I apply this new knowledge? Is it portable from image to image, system to system, and color model to color model? Should I continue to eyeball things until they express my intent, and then finish by applying the filter to "correct" it? Would it be better to develop a monitor profile to account for the vision difference? How would I go about doing that?

Thankfully, I don’t do this for a living…

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections