BR
Posted By
Bret_Reese
Jun 6, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have instructions for how to do something I need to do using Photoshop but all I have is Elements. If anyone knows both, I would greatly appreciate if you could help me. What I need to do will follow. I just don’t understand what it is talking about and thus, I don’t know how to find the right thing in Elements. I have included only the steps that I do not understand. For the complete instructions please go to "http://www.alienryderflex.com/rotoscope/"

"4j. Change the upper output level to 0. The Background layer will become completely black and the image will appear to be a bunch of boring white blades on a black background.
5b. Select Image > Adjust > Levels and change the lower input level to 30, and the upper input level to 50. Then click OK.
5e. Select Image > Adjust > Levels and change the upper input level to 10. Then click OK. 5g. Select Image > Adjust > Levels and drop the upper output levels of the Red, Green, and Blue channels individually, to make the aura color of your choice. In this case, I will drop the Green and Blue upper output levels to 0, but leave the Red channel alone (255,0,0). If you want a blue saber, use (0,127,255). For green, use (0,255,0). Then click OK.
5h. Select Image > Adjust > Levels and change the upper output level to 127. Click OK. 5l. Select Image > Adjust > Levels and change the upper input level to 10 5n. Drop the individual Red, Green, and Blue upper output levels exactly the same as you did in step 5g.
5q. The Blades layer should currently be selected — change its mode from "Normal" to "Screen". (If you are using Photoshop LE, you will not be able to do this — skip to step 5t now.)
5r. Select the Tight Auras layer and change its mode to Screen.
6. Select Image > Adjust > Levels and change the upper input level to 127.
6e. Change the top layer’s mode to Screen. Voila! Your saber blades are composited into the original source material.
6h. Select Image > Adjust > Levels and change the upper input level to 127. Click OK."

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CW
Colin Walls
Jun 6, 2005
I guess I’m not clear about what part of this is causing you problems. Have you found the Levels dialog in PSE? I think it is pretty similar to the CS one.
CW
Colin_Woodbridge
Jun 6, 2005
Bret….

The instructions are asking you to enter values in something called Levels. You can get to this by using the shortcut CTRL + L. You’ll see boxes where you enter the Input and Output values.

What seems a little odd is step 5g, where they talk about changing the Output the levels and then give three values when you can only change two. They may have switch talking about input to output.

Don’t do what some bozo’s here in the UK have just done and fill fluroscent tubes with petrol. This was followed by a quick trip to the hospital….:-)

Colin #2

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections