B
Posted By
bolo
Dec 21, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Greeting all, perhaps someone in here with all this talent could/would help me.
I have an old photo from my wedding a few hundred years ago!!! 🙂 and the kids have always razed me about it being so corny. One is getting married soon and for a house warming gift I want to create a photo of them just like it.

I have posted it on my web site, if you could please look at it and advise me, I would greatly appreciate it. http://www.cadotonic.com/lee/lee.htm

I have tried a couple things with layers and removing portion of the top layer, but it looks even hoakerier than the original. Too sharp around the eraser.

Again I really would appreciate your help.

Thanks
Bolo

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

T
Tacit
Dec 21, 2007
In article <gBXaj.26475$>,
"bolo" wrote:

I have tried a couple things with layers and removing portion of the top layer, but it looks even hoakerier than the original. Too sharp around the eraser.

Yes. An eraser is not the tool for this job.

Instead, place the entire photo in a layer above the wine glass. Use the Pen tool or the Lasso tool to make a path or selection around the part of the photo that you want to keep. Click on the Select menu and choose Save Selection. In the Save Selection dialog, choose Layer Mask.

It will look fake and cut out, because the edges will be sharp. Now comes the fun part. Click on the icon for the layer mask in the Layers palette. Then choose Filter->Gaussian Blur. Experiment with different settings. Viola! Te edge will be soft and smoothly blended.

Photography, kink, polyamory, shareware, and more: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
B
bolo
Dec 22, 2007
cool, i will try that. Thanks so much for your advice! "tacit" wrote in message
In article <gBXaj.26475$>,
"bolo" wrote:

I have tried a couple things with layers and removing portion of the top layer, but it looks even hoakerier than the original. Too sharp around the
eraser.

Yes. An eraser is not the tool for this job.

Instead, place the entire photo in a layer above the wine glass. Use the Pen tool or the Lasso tool to make a path or selection around the part of the photo that you want to keep. Click on the Select menu and choose Save Selection. In the Save Selection dialog, choose Layer Mask.
It will look fake and cut out, because the edges will be sharp. Now comes the fun part. Click on the icon for the layer mask in the Layers palette. Then choose Filter->Gaussian Blur. Experiment with different settings. Viola! Te edge will be soft and smoothly blended.

Photography, kink, polyamory, shareware, and more: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections