NS
Posted By
Newell_Seal
Jun 7, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I need to set standard preferences for all users that log into a WinXP system and use Photoshop Elements. I can log in as the system administrator and set the preferences in Photoshop as desired, but when the next person logs in the preferences are all reset to the defaults. There does not seem to be anywhere to make the preferences global for all users.

Thanks for any assistance
-n

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CW
Colin Walls
Jun 7, 2005
You would need to copy the prefs folder [called "3.0"] to each user’s area. For most people, different prefs are much more useful [IMHO].
C
Codebreaker
Jun 7, 2005
I can see this from both sides. Users may like to configure Photoshop just how they want it but it’s very frustrating as a tutor to explain to students how to do something only to find they can’t follow along because they have a different set up.

Colin #2
CW
Colin Walls
Jun 7, 2005
I agree that, in a teaching situation, it’s different. I was thinking of a shared machine.
NS
Newell_Seal
Jun 10, 2005
You are both kind of right. I dont care that people want to change the settings as they wish, but I want a standard set of preferences to start with.

-n
BH
Beth_Haney
Jun 10, 2005
Which preferences do you, as the instructor, want to set? Might it be easier in this situation to simply include teaching them how to set preferences part of the "learning experience?" Everyone would then be on a totally level playing field to begin, and then they’d also know how to configure their own set up at a later time.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections