A
Posted By
acje
Jun 29, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I can’t get Photo Elements 3 to use my second monitor. Sure would make the editing a lot easier.

Using Windows XP Sp2, with Asus 5200 video card ( nvidia chip and drivers ). The dual monitor setup works fine with everything else. Meaning I can open multiple apps and then drag an app to the second monitor. But when I open a second copy of the file I am editing in PE3, I can’t drag it off the first monitor.

Not sure if the problem is with PE3 or the way I have the nvidia stuff setup. I am using the default setup for the nvidia software.

Using a 17" sony as the first monitor, and an Acer 15" as the second.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Stephen

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Roy
Jun 29, 2005
"Stephen C. Stierstorfer" wrote in message
I can’t get Photo Elements 3 to use my second monitor. Sure would make the editing a lot easier.

Using Windows XP Sp2, with Asus 5200 video card ( nvidia chip and drivers ). The dual monitor setup works fine with everything else. Meaning I can open multiple apps and then drag an app to the second monitor. But when I open a second copy of the file I am editing in PE3, I can’t drag it off the first monitor.

Not sure if the problem is with PE3 or the way I have the nvidia stuff setup. I am using the default setup for the nvidia software.
Using a 17" sony as the first monitor, and an Acer 15" as the second.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Stephen
Hi there.

Common problem this.

You can not move the picture out of the main PS Window.

What you can do is move all the Tools and pop-up dialogue boxes onto the 2nd Monitor, and leave the just Main Window (with the picture) on the Main Monitor.

There is an option somewhere, so that PS will remember where to open the dialogues.

Roy G

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections