C
Posted By
ckm
Aug 12, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can someone tell me how to highlight an object (face of one person in group) with a circle or oval, and then make the entire rest of the photo slightly opaque?
This is to allow all the attention to the object inside the shape which will remain at the original quality.
Thank you
Kent

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

C
Charley
Aug 12, 2005
Select the face or area that you want to highlight.
Then copy that area to a new layer. (right click and select – layer by copy)
Go to Brightness/Contrast and adjust this layer to be a bit lighter than the background.
If you want you can change the active layer and do the same for the background layer only adjust it to be a bit darker.

There are many other "and more graphically correct" methods of doing this, but this should give you what you are looking for.

Charley

"ckm" wrote in message
Can someone tell me how to highlight an object (face of one person in group) with a circle or oval, and then make the entire rest of the photo slightly opaque?
This is to allow all the attention to the object inside the shape which will remain at the original quality.
Thank you
Kent
C
ckm
Aug 13, 2005
Charley,
That should do exactly what I want.
Thanks for the reply.
Kent

Charley wrote:
Go to Brightness/Contrast and adjust this layer to be a bit lighter than the background.
If you want you can change the active layer and do the same for the background layer only adjust it to be a bit darker.

There are many other "and more graphically correct" methods of doing this, but this should give you what you are looking for.
C
ckm
Aug 13, 2005
Thanks to several who answered. The tip from Charley using the various brightness/contrast method really did the job exactly like I wanted.
"graphically correct or not, it is practically correct"

Kent

ckm wrote:
Charley,
That should do exactly what I want.
Thanks for the reply.
Kent

Charley wrote:

Go to Brightness/Contrast and adjust this layer to be a bit lighter than the
background.

There are many other "and more graphically correct" methods of doing this,
but this should give you what you are looking for.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections