Z
Posted By
ZR
Aug 21, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I acn’t get rid of the "filler color" in the Elipse draw tool.

I want to circel an object of interest but the eleipse is always filled with a color – need to make it transparent and only the elipse baouneries to show.

Any help – please ???

Thanks.

ZR

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

C
ckm
Aug 22, 2005
I think you should be using the Marquee tool instead of the draw tool. Make the selection and then use "layer via copy" to put that selection on another layer.
That should do it
CKM

ZR wrote:
I want to circel an object of interest but the eleipse is always filled with a color – need to make it transparent and only the elipse baouneries to show.

Any help – please ???

Thanks.

ZR
Z
ZR
Aug 22, 2005
Thanks but the answer is not clear.

I want to use the Elipse (or the rectangle tool) to put a red circle around an object on a given image.

I want to be able to select the line color and the width of the elipse, but don;t want to cover the object itslef.

Say – I have a picture of several bldgs and I want to circel a window in one of them with a red line sircle (an example….)

That is my problem/

ZR

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 08:07:23 -0500, ckm wrote:

I think you should be using the Marquee tool instead of the draw tool. Make the selection and then use "layer via copy" to put that selection on another layer.
That should do it
CKM

ZR wrote:

Any help – please ???

Thanks.

ZR
C
ckm
Aug 22, 2005
Sorry, I don’t have the answer for that. What I was doing was similar. I wanted to draw a shape around a face in a group photo. So I drew the circle or ellipse around the person and saved it to another layer. Then adjust the brightness/contrast of the face layer and if necessary, reduce the brightness of the background layer and then the object inside the shape would standout on the flattened image.

Maybe someone else can help
CKM

ZR wrote:

I want to use the Elipse (or the rectangle tool) to put a red circle around an object on a given image.

I want to be able to select the line color and the width of the elipse, but don;t want to cover the object itslef.

Say – I have a picture of several bldgs and I want to circel a window in one of them with a red line sircle (an example….)

That is my problem/

ZR

That should do it
CKM

ZR wrote:

Any help – please ???

Thanks.

ZR

C
ckm
Aug 22, 2005
Here is something that you might try.
Use the "custom shape tool" If you pull down the full shape menu, you will find one called "Shapes" . There is a circle and a square with a thin frame. Select that and then draw around your item of interest. You can set the color and then you can use the "Style" menu and select "visibility" The only thing that I can not find is a way to have full control of the line width of the shape.
But that should work
CKM
ckm wrote:
Sorry, I don’t have the answer for that. What I was doing was similar. I wanted to draw a shape around a face in a group photo. So I drew the circle or ellipse around the person and saved it to another layer. Then adjust the brightness/contrast of the face layer and if necessary, reduce the brightness of the background layer and then the object inside the shape would standout on the flattened image.
CKM

ZR wrote:

That is my problem/

ZR

That should do it
CKM

ZR wrote:

Any help – please ???

Thanks.

ZR

Z
ZR
Aug 23, 2005
Thank you.

There must be a better way…..

This is a very desirable fature.

ZR

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 10:44:27 -0500, ckm wrote:

Here is something that you might try.
Use the "custom shape tool" If you pull down the full shape menu, you will find one called "Shapes" . There is a circle and a square with a thin frame. Select that and then draw around your item of interest. You can set the color and then you can use the "Style" menu and select "visibility" The only thing that I can not find is a way to have full control of the line width of the shape.
But that should work
CKM
ckm wrote:
CKM

ZR wrote:

That is my problem/

ZR

That should do it
CKM

ZR wrote:

Any help – please ???

Thanks.

ZR

AB
Alex Barna
Aug 23, 2005
You don’t say what version of PSE you have, but in PSE1 all you need to do to draw a shape to highlight something is;

select the "Elliptical Marquee Tool" or the "Rectangular Marquee Tool", draw the shape on a new layer or a background copy, hold the Shift key to make a square or circle,

Then goto Edit>Stroke, that brings up the Stroke menu where you can set the Width, Color, Location & blending Mode.

I believe all the "Shape tools" (Arrow,Line,etc.) make a solid shape using the Foreground color.

GrampaHugs,
Alex,

ZR wrote:

Any help – please ???

Thanks.

ZR

Any information is included for informational
or entertainment purposes only, is based on my
personal experiences & is an expression of my opinion.

* Love radiating from 45.10n x 93.30w M/SP Mn
* http://home.mn.rr.com/apbiii
* http://grampahugs.is-a-geek.org/
* http://grampahugs.ath.cx/
Z
ZR
Aug 24, 2005
My version is 3.0

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 18:27:57 GMT, Alex wrote:

You don’t say what version of PSE you have, but in PSE1 all you need to do to draw a shape to highlight something is;

select the "Elliptical Marquee Tool" or the "Rectangular Marquee Tool", draw the shape on a new layer or a background copy, hold the Shift key to make a square or circle,

Then goto Edit>Stroke, that brings up the Stroke menu where you can set the Width, Color, Location & blending Mode.

I believe all the "Shape tools" (Arrow,Line,etc.) make a solid shape using the Foreground color.

GrampaHugs,
Alex,

ZR wrote:

Any help – please ???

Thanks.

ZR
AB
Alex Barna
Aug 24, 2005
If what I suggested doesn’t work for you try asking your question on the Adobe *news server* at: Adobeforums.com look for the group adobe.photoshopelements without the (.) between photoshop & elements.

GrampaHugs,
Alex,

ZR wrote:

My version is 3.0

GrampaHugs,
Alex,

ZR wrote:

Any help – please ???

Thanks.

ZR

Any information is included for informational
or entertainment purposes only, is based on my
personal experiences & is an expression of my opinion.

* Love radiating from 45.10n x 93.30w M/SP Mn
* http://home.mn.rr.com/apbiii
* http://grampahugs.is-a-geek.org/
* http://grampahugs.ath.cx/grampahugs/
Z
ZR
Aug 27, 2005
I will follow up on your suggestion. I can’t belive that PE did not include have such basic and very useful tool…. Sometimes I miss COREL……

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 16:21:00 GMT, Alex wrote:

If what I suggested doesn’t work for you try asking your question on the Adobe *news server* at: Adobeforums.com look for the group adobe.photoshopelements without the (.) between photoshop & elements.
GrampaHugs,
Alex,

ZR wrote:

My version is 3.0

GrampaHugs,
Alex,

ZR wrote:

Any help – please ???

Thanks.

ZR

JW
jean walker
Nov 9, 2005
this may not be the best way – but it should work
select the window with the ellipse tool – copy – paste (this will put the window on a separate layer)
make sure that the window layer is selected and red is the foreground colour go to edit-stroke and set the appropriate width for the circle in the pop up this should put a red line around the ellipse.
if you are happy with the result – flatten layers
jw
"ZR" wrote in message

That is my problem/

ZR

That should do it
CKM

ZR wrote:

Any help – please ???

Thanks.

ZR

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections