Posted By
Amaiko
Oct 25, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi:

I just recently started using Photoshop Elements 4.0 and I’m having an odd problem with the text tool; specifically, it’s refusing to do small text anymore. Tonight, I was trying to add some text to a .png image that was about 100×100, using 8 pt text and the text keeps coming out as gigantic, even for fonts that are supposed to be extra-tiny bitmap types. If I make a new file with the same proportions and try the text tool there, it works correctly, but if I open an existing picture and try to add the text there, the size immediately jumps up again. I’ve looked at the text settings, tried a variety of different fonts and file types, but they’re all acting the same; I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Elements, but the problem just came back. I don’t understand what happened, as it was doing tiny text just fine before and just suddenly stopped for no reason that I could see. Did I accidentally change some setting without realizing it or is Elements just being buggy?

Thanks,

Amaiko

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections