O
Posted By
OscarLevant
Oct 27, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After an Elements installation, I find that whenever I insert media, CF card, ZIP drive, etc. that contains images, Elements automatically launches. Is there any way to disable this "start up" feature?

Thanks!

–Newbie

Long Beach CA

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

M
mudpod
Oct 27, 2005
On 26-Oct-2005, "" wrote:

After an Elements installation, I find that whenever I insert media, CF card, ZIP drive, etc. that contains images, Elements automatically launches. Is there any way to disable this "start up" feature?

I believe that’s a function of windows rather than Elements.

In windows explorer, right click the drives that this happens to and go down to select the properties. In that dialog box across the top, choose the auto play tab. In there you can set instructions to the various drives of what action to take when media is inserted.
CK
Charles Kerekes
Oct 28, 2005
Oscar,

Are you using PSE version 4? There are a couple of ways to disable this feature:

1) In the system tray (bottom right corner of the screen), you will see an icon for the downloader. Right-mouse click it and choose Disable.

2) In PSE Organizer, Edit > Preferences > Camera or Card Reader > [ ] Use Adobe Photo Downloader …

It’s annoying how it does that automatically, without asking, isn’t it?

Charlie

http://FlyingSamPhoto.com
Got digital photos? Show them off!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections