Posted By
nar12755
Nov 26, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi folks,

I’m getting an error everytime I start PSE4 and the updater tries to run. It is the same message exactly. I’ve tried to repair the installation and finally did a re-install, but without success.

The message has AdobeUpdater.exe in the title bar and only an OK button.

The instruction at "0x7c80d189" referenced memory at "0x78ace5ef". The memory could not be read. Click OK to terminate the program.

I get this if I run PSE4 and it tries to update, if I click on Update in the Help menu and if I try to run the AdobeUpdater.exe from the directory.

I’ve run MemCheck86 for about 20 cycles (overnight) and no memory errors were reported. I’ve swapped the two memory sticks (bank 0 and bank 1) and get the exact addresses listed in the error message. I’ve tried to run with only one stick (512 MB) and get the same addresses listed when either stick is in bank 0. I’ve not gotten any other messages about memory or any odd failures, reboots, hang-ups, etc. I’m pretty confident the memory isn’t the culprit.

The pc is a Compaq Presario S6900NX with an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ processor, 1 GB RAM, nothing too high end or unique.

Any thoughts about what I can do? Is there an issue with the processor?

Thanks!
Norman

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JM
Jack Mac
Nov 27, 2005
On 26 Nov 2005 12:37:57 -0800, "" wrote:

Hi folks,

I’m getting an error everytime I start PSE4 and the updater tries to run. It is the same message exactly. I’ve tried to repair the installation and finally did a re-install, but without success.

The instruction at "0x7c80d189" referenced memory at "0x78ace5ef". The memory could not be read. Click OK to terminate the program.
I get this if I run PSE4 and it tries to update, if I click on Update in the Help menu and if I try to run the AdobeUpdater.exe from the directory.

I’ve run MemCheck86 for about 20 cycles (overnight) and no memory errors were reported. I’ve swapped the two memory sticks (bank 0 and bank 1) and get the exact addresses listed in the error message. I’ve tried to run with only one stick (512 MB) and get the same addresses listed when either stick is in bank 0. I’ve not gotten any other messages about memory or any odd failures, reboots, hang-ups, etc. I’m pretty confident the memory isn’t the culprit.

The pc is a Compaq Presario S6900NX with an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ processor, 1 GB RAM, nothing too high end or unique.

Thanks!
Norman
I missed the fact you have 1 GB of RAM in your earlier post! Sorry, wish I could help.
Jack Mac
N
neon
Nov 27, 2005
Jack Mac wrote:

Hi folks,

Thanks!
Norman

I missed the fact you have 1 GB of RAM in your earlier post! Sorry, wish I could help.
Jack Mac
trash your preferences file. whenever elements acts up that’s the first thing to try.
N
nar12755
Nov 30, 2005
neon wrote:
Jack Mac wrote:

Hi folks,

Thanks!
Norman

Jack Mac
trash your preferences file. whenever elements acts up that’s the first thing to try.

Preference file? Is there an name or location for this?

Thanks for the help!

Norman
N
nar12755
Nov 30, 2005
I found the Ctrl-Alt-Shift trick and reset my preferences. Unfortunately no joy, I still get the error message.

Thanks for the suggestion and still looking for a solution.

Norman

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections