JT
Posted By
Jean-Claude Toussaint
Apr 25, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I bought a second hand flash Minolta Auto 132x and have no manual. Could somebody pls advise me of how to use "M, Auto red position and Auto yellow position"?
Thanks in advance
Jean-Claude from Switzerland
NNNN

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JM
Joseph Meehan
Apr 25, 2006
Jean-Claude Toussaint wrote:
I bought a second hand flash Minolta Auto 132x and have no manual. Could somebody pls advise me of how to use "M, Auto red position and Auto yellow position"?
Thanks in advance
NNNN

If it is using the standard the manual means you need to figure the distance then look up on a chart or use the wheel on the flash to determine the aperture setting. The Auto red and yellow will relate to a red and yellow indicator in some sort of scale on the flash with film speed (ISO sensitivity) to indicate the aperture to use. The camera is set manually in all cases.

Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
RG
Roy G
Apr 25, 2006
"Jean-Claude Toussaint" wrote in message
Thanks in advance
NNNN
Hi.

"M" is for manual. The flash will fire at its maximum power. You need to work out what aperture to set on the Camera, by dividing the Flash Guide Number by the distance to the subject. The Guide number is usually quoted for ISO 100.

Auto Red and Auto Yellow. There will be a scale on the Flash somewhere showing apertures and ISO numbers.

If you have the flash set to Auto Red, you just set the camera aperture to the Red figure at whatever ISO you are actually using. The Flash will then adjust its output so that the exposure is correct.

Likewise with Yellow.

Roy G
JS
James Silverton
Apr 25, 2006
Jean-Claude wrote on Tue, 25 Apr 2006 13:14:29 +0200:

JCT> I bought a second hand flash Minolta Auto 132x and have no JCT> manual. Could somebody pls advise me of how to use "M, JCT> Auto red position and Auto yellow position"? JCT> Thanks in advance
JCT> Jean-Claude from Switzerland
JCT> NNNN

I can’t answer your question but camera manuals are often available for download. I’d suggest a Google search for

Minolta manual OR download

James Silverton.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections