Alan Spitz
May 30, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I have Photoshop Elements 2.0 on a Mac.

I cropped an image (using the marquee tool followed by image/crop). The image looked good but when I printed it part of the image on the left and part of it on the bottom did not print, even though they were in my cropped image.

I tried with and without Scale to fit paper size in the Paper Handling dialog checked but the image was shortened in the same place in both cases.

What did I miss here?

Alan Spitz

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

W
Wheeler
May 30, 2006
"Alan Spitz" wrote in message
Hi,

I cropped an image (using the marquee tool followed by image/crop). The image looked good but when I printed it part of the image on the left and part of it on the bottom did not print, even though they were in my cropped image.

I tried with and without Scale to fit paper size in the Paper Handling dialog checked but the image was shortened in the same place in both cases.

What did I miss here?

Alan Spitz

2 questions:
when you cropped, did you put in the size you wanted to print it? in the print with preview box, is the center image box checked?
AS
Alan Spitz
May 30, 2006
On 2006-05-30 03:52:46 -0400, "Wheeler" <pwheeler7 @ sbcglobal. net> said:

Hi,

What did I miss here?

Alan Spitz

2 questions:
when you cropped, did you put in the size you wanted to print it?
Put the size where? It is correctly in the print review box. I had no place to put the size when I cropped.

in the print with preview box, is the center image box checked?
Yes.

Alan Spitz
W
Wheeler
Jun 1, 2006
Hi,

What did I miss here?

Alan Spitz

2 questions:
Put the size where? It is correctly in the print review box. I had no place to put the size when I cropped.
say i wanted to print a pic at 4×6
after i adjusted it how i wanted
i would crop to 4×6
click crop tool, in options bar at top enter
Width: 6 in Height: 4 in Resolution: (leave blank) drag crop selection how i want

Yes.

Alan Spitz
AS
Alan Spitz
Jun 3, 2006
On 2006-06-01 00:57:37 -0400, "Wheeler" <pwheeler7 @ sbcglobal. net> said:

Hi,

What did I miss here?

Alan Spitz

2 questions:
say i wanted to print a pic at 4×6
after i adjusted it how i wanted
i would crop to 4×6
click crop tool, in options bar at top enter
Width: 6 in Height: 4 in Resolution: (leave blank) drag crop selection how i want

Yes.

Alan Spitz

Yes. That worked.

I had originally used the marquee tool to crop the image. Per your suggestion I used the crop tool instead and it worked fine. (Whoever would have thunk that you could use the CROP tool to CROP an image?!)

Thank you.

Alan Spitz

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections