JK
Posted By
Jenny_k
Nov 14, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Okay, more details: I’m using Photoshop CS and have 1,200 digital images to crop. Final size needs to be 4" x 6", file size is currently 10.88" x 8.16", 300 dpi. I am doing a variety of crops, but don’t know the quickest way to do it. As I open each image it is becoming very tedious to set up crop tool to 4" x 6" and then constrain proportion of crop box as I move it around and zoom in on the image to see where I actually want to crop it.
I also tried setting up an InDesign document with 4"x 6" picture boxes and imported images to play around with various crops, but going between the two programs was getting ridiculous and a slooow way to get this done.
Could someone please tell me the most efficient way to get this done? Thank you.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Bernie
Nov 14, 2006
SInce it seems you do different crops on each image, there is no way to fully automate the process, but you can speed it up:

1) Make a copy of the directory wiht the images in it.

2) Open the images (not all at once, but you can do a bunch at a time)

3) Use the crop tool, set it to 4×6", 300 ppi in the option bar. It should remain that way from now on.

4) Crop each image to taste, save and close
C
CariJansen
Nov 15, 2006
You could create a selection on one of your images of area 4×6". Save this selection, and then create an action that loads the selection on an open image and ‘stops’ the action with option to ‘continue’ again, then crops based on the selection.

Then run a Batch that calls the action that automatically opens the files, allows you to stop action, move selection to correct crop location and then continue the action (which would save/close into a destination folder).

Also if you’re looking at using InDesign, you might want to look at using Adobe Bridge > Tools > Create InDesign Contact Sheet script.
ML
Mark_Larsen
Nov 15, 2006
record action with crop tool entering the the fixed aspects into menubar and crop image. Then run action as batch with the dialog "on" for "crop" just position and scale to suit in each image when run as batch.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections