H
Posted By
heatherholt
Oct 30, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I was working in photoshop the other day and out of nowhere my keyboard shortcuts that involve the ctrl, shift, or spacebar keys don’t work. I can no longer zoom in or out by using those keys and when I press the spacebar to use the hand tool to move the image around, that won’t work either. I have tried everything I can think of to correct this problem…I even spent $200 purchasing CS3 thinking that might work. Did I accidentally do something on my keyboard that disabled these keys???

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
BLUDVLZ
Oct 30, 2007
Your Photoshop preferences might have become corrupted. Resetting those might do the trick (see FAQ for instructions).

But before you do that, try the following:
• In Photoshop, go to Edit>Keyboard Shortcuts and try manually remapping the affected shortcuts.
• Check to see if any software was installed or upgraded around the same time. That application may have "stolen" your keyboard shortcut. I know that my ATI video driver routinely steals my "Fit Frame to Content" shortcut in InDesign whenever I update my drivers. Could be the same thing here. Check the preferences for any recently installed or upgraded software and see if those shortcuts match the Photoshop shortcuts. You may be able to disable those other programs to free them up in PS.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections