D
Posted By
Des
Dec 4, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
can anyone help out here. I have played with photoshop 7 a lot but this is a bit tricky for me. I have a picture 7×5 inches and I cant to insert a small image about 1 tenth of that but I want it to sort of poke through with blured edges. I have set up the 2 layes but thats as far as i have got.

Desmond.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Dec 4, 2007
"Des" wrote in message
can anyone help out here. I have played with photoshop 7 a lot but this is a bit tricky for me. I have a picture 7×5 inches and I cant to insert a small image about 1 tenth of that but I want it to sort of poke through with blured edges. I have set up the 2 layes but thats as far as i have got.
Desmond.

Open your 7 x 5 image
Open the smaller image and drag the background layer into the 7 x 5 image. You should now have an image with two layers, your 7 x 5 background and the smaller image on its own layer.
With this layer active, go Layer>Layer mask>Reveal all (there is an easier way)
You should now have two thumbnails on this layer, the small image and a white mask thumbnail.
Set your fore/background colours to black and white, hit D on the keyboard. With the mask active/selected you then paint around the edge of your smaller image with black with a soft brush.
Painting on the mask with black will allow the underlying layer to show through. If you make a mistake, hit X on the keyboard to reverse your colours and then paint with white.
For more info do a search for Photoshop tutorials on compositing and layer masks.

TWK
D
Des
Dec 4, 2007
On 4 Dec, 20:39, "Toobi-Won Kenobi" <Toobi-won > wrote:
"Des" wrote in message

news:> can anyone help out here. I have played with photoshop 7 a lot but
this is a bit tricky for me. I have a picture 7×5 inches and I cant to insert a small image about 1 tenth of that but I want it to sort of poke through with blured edges. I have set up the 2 layes but thats as far as i have got.

Desmond.

Open your 7 x 5 image
Open the smaller image and drag the background layer into the 7 x 5 image. You should now have an image with two layers, your 7 x 5 background and the smaller image on its own layer.
With this layer active, go Layer>Layer mask>Reveal all (there is an easier way)
You should now have two thumbnails on this layer, the small image and a white mask thumbnail.
Set your fore/background colours to black and white, hit D on the keyboard. With the mask active/selected you then paint around the edge of your smaller image with black with a soft brush.
Painting on the mask with black will allow the underlying layer to show through. If you make a mistake, hit X on the keyboard to reverse your colours and then paint with white.
For more info do a search for Photoshop tutorials on compositing and layer masks.

TWK

Great. Thanks for that. Just takes a little practise
Thanks again

Desmond
TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Dec 4, 2007
"Des" wrote in message
On 4 Dec, 20:39, "Toobi-Won Kenobi" <Toobi-won > wrote:
"Des" wrote in message

news:>
can anyone help out here. I have played with photoshop 7 a lot but
this is a bit tricky for me. I have a picture 7×5 inches and I cant to insert a small image about 1 tenth of that but I want it to sort of poke through with blured edges. I have set up the 2 layes but thats as far as i have got.

Desmond.

Open your 7 x 5 image
Open the smaller image and drag the background layer into the 7 x 5 image.
You should now have an image with two layers, your 7 x 5 background and the
smaller image on its own layer.
With this layer active, go Layer>Layer mask>Reveal all (there is an easier
way)
Set your fore/background colours to black and white, hit D on the keyboard.
With the mask active/selected you then paint around the edge of your smaller
image with black with a soft brush.
For more info do a search for Photoshop tutorials on compositing and layer
masks.

TWK

Great. Thanks for that. Just takes a little practise
Thanks again

Desmond

You said it 😉

TWK

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections