Where does PSE4.0 stores the caption/tags data?

K
Posted By
Kwongheng
Dec 23, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,

I am currently using Adobe Elements 4.0 and edits JPG files in general. I also use fotki.com as my photo album on line. However, the captions which I put into my JPG files from elements does not appear in my online album.

I have been trying to find some data on this via the net, but to no avail and I hope someone here can help me with that.

Basically, I would just like to know where the caption data and tags data is stored in the JPG? Is this found in the EXIF ImageDescription field?

Thanks
Kelvin Wong

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

M
MyVeryOwnSelf
Dec 25, 2006
Basically, I would just like to know where the caption data and tags data is stored in the JPG? Is this found in the EXIF ImageDescription field?

In the organizer, use
Edit > Preferences > Files
and look under "Catalogs." This gives the first part of the file path.

Starting there, look for sub-directories "Photoshop Elements" and "4.0" and "Organizer". Or do a "Search" for files updated in the last month; that’ll let you avoid slogging through static software files.

I’m not sure what each individual file does, but experimentation might reveal something.

If you learn anything useful, please post.
K
Kwongheng
Dec 26, 2006
Okay, I have install IrView to look at the EXIF and IPTC properties. The captions are written to both ImageDescription fields in EXIF and IPTC properties.

However, I noticed that the caption is not always written to the photos in PSE4.0, you must perform a "write tags to photos" for the captions to be written into the metadata.

Regards
Kelvin Wong

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections