Why does my cursor keep flashing most times I launch Photoshop CS3?

B
Posted By
betazilla
Dec 9, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have an odd problem that hasn’t gone away despite numerous tries, and I haven’t found anything in the forums that’s helped me yet.

I start Photoshop CS3, but most times I launch it, the cursor will keep flashing (alternating) between the currently selected tool and the default pointer I think. It’s more than a cosmetic problem, because it makes me unable to click in any text field and stay there. If I try to click in the zoom "100%" and type in a new zoom factor, the I-beam disappears.

It’s strange because this happens most, but not all the times I launch Photoshop. When I get the cursor flashing, I restart again and it wastes time and makes me frustrated. Sometimes, things are just fine, so I don’t know what’s causing it. Anyone know? Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
betazilla
Dec 15, 2007
Does anyone know about this?
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Dec 16, 2007
What is your graphics card? Do you have the latest driver installed?
B
betazilla
Dec 17, 2007
Michael, I’m on an Nvidia Geforce 8800 and yes, I do have the latest stable drivers installed. I also tried turning off graphics card acceleration in Photoshop but that didn’t make a difference. I’m on dual monitors.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Dec 17, 2007
How about your mouse? Are you using a MS mouse with Intellipoint drivers? Those have caused problems, and the solution is to uninstall and just use the default Windows drivers.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections