KG
Posted By
King Ghidora
Jun 29, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Adobe is the most arrogant software company on the planet. How dare they just automatcially try to update a program without asking permission? What happens 90% of the time is that it hangs up your computer and completely disables your internet connection until you figure out what program is hogging all your bandwidth. Too bad if you have work to do or especailly too bad if you are working from a dialup
connection. The last time they tried this crap on a dialup connected computer I was working on I found a timer that listed the expected wait time as 3 hours. In the meantime absolutely nothing else would load from the web. Even on a broadband computer this stupid little program hogs all
resources trying to fix some silly little problem that
doesn’t amount to a hill of beans. It sometimes takes hours even on the 5 mbps connection I used to have.

The program is an absolute joke and a perfect example of why I would never spend a nickel on anything made by Adobe. They couldn’t care less about the needs of their customers. They only care about their own bottom line. I detest Adobe. They have wasted so much of my time because of this very issue that I make sure everyone knows what scum they are any time their programs are mentioned.

Adobe thinks people are just begging to use their software. Think again. BTW if you look and you know what to look for you can disable the auto-update feature even if Adobe
doesn’t give you that option. Just rename the
AdobeUpdater.dll in the "c:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader
8.0\Reader\" folder to "AdobeUpdater.dl_" and presto no more
automatic updates. You can rename it back to the original if you feel the need which is highly unlikely to happen.

Still every time I format a hard drive and install the
reader I have this same song and dance happen again and it wastes more of my time until I fix it again. What a waste of time and effort. Adobe sucks. This proves it. Their arrogance is monumental. Their lack of concern for the
needs of their customers is staggering. Bite me Adobe. I have worked as a computer consultant for over a decade.
Guess who’s programs I never recommend.

You can reply to this post if you like. I won’t be reading it. I already know what I think of Adobe and nothing you might say will change that. Adobe sucks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RG
Roy G
Jun 29, 2007
"King Ghidora" wrote in message

Who Cares????

Roy G

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections