S
Posted By
Stan
Aug 3, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve been considering getting elements but I have two requirements that I’m having a hard time finding out about elements.

1) Does elements allow more than 1 pic to be brought up? I am currently using picture it! and if I want to compare 2 pics that are in different folders, I just go to the second folder, double-click the pic, and it adds that pic to the right side of the screen. It’s a must feature for me.

2) Does elements auto try to clear up a pic if zoomed in? This is the feature I don’t have in picture it!. When I zoom in the pic, the pixels just get larger and I have no idea if any program could try and fill in the pixels somehow, like trying to make the pic smooth?

I am aware that I can download a trial copy but right now my HD is a bit full so I would be unable to do that for a few days.

Thanks,

Osiris

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

M
MyVeryOwnSelf
Aug 3, 2007
I’ve been considering getting elements but I have two requirements that I’m having a hard time finding out about elements.

I have PSE4 and WinXP.

1) Does elements allow more than 1 pic to be brought up? I am currently using picture it! and if I want to compare 2 pics that are in different folders, I just go to the second folder, double-click the pic, and it adds that pic to the right side of the screen. It’s a must feature for me.

You can open more than one photo. If they aren’t arranged to your taste, there’s a menu command
Windows > Images > Tile
The sub-windows for the different photos can be moved around and resized as in typical Windows applications.

2) Does elements auto try to clear up a pic if zoomed in? This is the feature I don’t have in picture it!. When I zoom in the pic, the pixels just get larger and I have no idea if any program could try and fill in the pixels somehow, like trying to make the pic smooth?

It isn’t automatic, probably because people sometimes want to manipulate photos at the pixel level.

The software can modify a photo to smooth it out.
Image > Resize > Image size
This shows the width and height in pixels (among bother things). You can increase those dimensions, and choose one of five ways to "Resample."

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections