R
Posted By
Richard
Aug 9, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been using Photoshop Elements 4 for over 1 year and been very pleased with the software.
My 40G laptop hard drive was at capacity and was swapped out for a new 120G hard drive with a fresh Win XP pro install. Prior to swapping out the old drive I copied My Documents (including My Pictures subfolders where all Photoshop elements files were located) and Settings to an external USB hard drive (backup drive).

On reinstalling Adobe Elements 4, I copied the My Pictures subfolders from the external USB backup drive to the laptop new 120G hard drive and had Photoshop Elements 4 reference the images to include in the organizer. All images are now on the new 120G laptop drive.

Problems:
1. The tags on the individual image no longer appear, notwithstanding the tag categories are in the Organizer.

2. Where similar images were previously stacked in the Organizer
i.e. edit 2 on top of edit 1 on top of the original image, the images
are no longer stacked.

Help please

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

M
Malcolm
Aug 14, 2007
"Richard" wrote in message
I have been using Photoshop Elements 4 for over 1 year and been very pleased with the software.
My 40G laptop hard drive was at capacity and was swapped out for a new 120G hard drive with a fresh Win XP pro install. Prior to swapping out the old drive I copied My Documents (including My Pictures subfolders where all Photoshop elements files were located) and Settings to an external USB hard drive (backup drive).

On reinstalling Adobe Elements 4, I copied the My Pictures subfolders from the external USB backup drive to the laptop new 120G hard drive and had Photoshop Elements 4 reference the images to include in the organizer. All images are now on the new 120G laptop drive.
Problems:
1. The tags on the individual image no longer appear, notwithstanding the tag categories are in the Organizer.
2. Where similar images were previously stacked in the Organizer
i.e. edit 2 on top of edit 1 on top of the original image, the images
are no longer stacked.

Help please

I’d try doing a catalogue backup to the external drive from the 40G and then restoring to the 120G.
All the best

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections