JT
Posted By
Jim tarloff
Nov 21, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Anybody having difficulties with making panoramas in PW 6. When I select File -> New – . (choose) Photomerge Panorama… I receive the following error – Error 1: Unable to create Window – Internal error. Line 364 – > var w = new Window(res);

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

F
Fritzsch
Nov 21, 2007
In article , says…
Anybody having difficulties with making panoramas in PW 6. When I select File -> New – . (choose) Photomerge Panorama… I receive the following error – Error 1: Unable to create Window – Internal error. Line 364 – > var w = new Window(res);

Until now I had no real problem with Photomerge Panorama in PSE 6, which, BTW, is much better than in PSE 5, and the versions before.

As a matter of fact Photomerge is REALLY hungry for RAM. I tried to make a panorama out of 8 pictures with 10 MPixels each. A 2.6 GHz P4 with 512 MB RAM gave up, but a 2.66 GHz DualCore Xeon with 3 GB RAM had no problems at all 😉
———————————————————— ————- Ralf Fritzsch
Bundesanstalt fuer Wasserbau Federal Waterways Engineering and Research Dienststelle Kueste Institute – Department Hamburg ———————————————————— ————- Unix _IS_ user friendly – it’s just selective about who its friends are. ———————————————————— ————-
JT
Jim tarloff
Nov 21, 2007
I’m using a Pentium DuoCore 2.4 Ghz with 4 gig ram. I know system only recognizes 3 gig but that’s a moot point. I have had a problem with panoramas with my older Pentium 3.2 GHz & PE5. It’s gotta be a problem with Vista.

"Ralf Fritzsch" wrote in message
In article ,
says…
Anybody having difficulties with making panoramas in PW 6. When I select File -> New – . (choose) Photomerge Panorama… I receive the following error – Error 1: Unable to create Window – Internal error. Line 364 – > var
w = new Window(res);

Until now I had no real problem with Photomerge Panorama in PSE 6, which, BTW, is much better than in PSE 5, and the versions before.
As a matter of fact Photomerge is REALLY hungry for RAM. I tried to make a panorama out of 8 pictures with 10 MPixels each. A 2.6 GHz P4 with 512 MB RAM gave up, but a 2.66 GHz DualCore Xeon with 3 GB RAM had no problems at all 😉
Bundesanstalt fuer Wasserbau Federal Waterways Engineering and Research Dienststelle Kueste Institute – Department Hamburg ———————————————————— ————- Unix _IS_ user friendly – it’s just selective about who its friends are. ———————————————————— ————-
JT
Jim tarloff
Nov 21, 2007
I just did the most obvious solution when one runs into a difficulty of this ilk. I uninstalled PE6 and reinstalled the program – tires of screwing around with the options – and all is now working! Wonder what I did???

"jimrx4" wrote in message
I’m using a Pentium DuoCore 2.4 Ghz with 4 gig ram. I know system only recognizes 3 gig but that’s a moot point. I have had a problem with panoramas with my older Pentium 3.2 GHz & PE5. It’s gotta be a problem with Vista.

"Ralf Fritzsch" wrote in message
In article ,
says…
Anybody having difficulties with making panoramas in PW 6. When I select File -> New – . (choose) Photomerge Panorama… I receive the following error – Error 1: Unable to create Window – Internal error. Line 364 – > var
w = new Window(res);

As a matter of fact Photomerge is REALLY hungry for RAM. I tried to make a panorama out of 8 pictures with 10 MPixels each. A 2.6 GHz P4 with 512 MB RAM gave up, but a 2.66 GHz DualCore Xeon with 3 GB RAM had no problems
at all 😉
DS
Dick Snyder
Dec 15, 2007
"jimrx4" wrote in message
I have used a free standalone program called Autostitch for several years with great results. It will also stitch an n x m array of photos. If you want to experiment even though you have fixed your problem with a reinstall, you can try here:

http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/panorama/panorama.html

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections