K
Posted By
Ken
Dec 25, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I tried to get some information from the Adobe web site forums and gave up in disgust. I could not figure out how to post a problem!! Anyway, I have Photoshop Elements 5.0 installed on a Vista Ultimate PC. I have downloaded and installed the 5.0.2 patch for VISTA 32 bit. Everything seemed ok until I tried to send a photo using the E-Mail feature. It appears Photoshop Elements 5.0.2 was still trying to use Outlook Express! I got a message saying it could not find an Outlook Express program MSOE.DLL. This happened on at least two different attempts. However, while writing this request I tried to repeat the problem so I could get the exact error message wording and like magic it now works correctly. I sure I’m not the only one that has had this "problem". Does Photoshop heal itself?!! What the heck is going on? Curious.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Bill
Dec 26, 2007
"Ken" wrote in message
I tried to get some information from the Adobe web site forums and gave up in disgust. I could not figure out how to post a problem!! Anyway, I have Photoshop Elements 5.0 installed on a Vista Ultimate PC. I have downloaded and installed the 5.0.2 patch for VISTA 32 bit. Everything seemed ok until I tried to send a photo using the E-Mail feature. It appears Photoshop Elements 5.0.2 was still trying to use Outlook Express! I got a message saying it could not find an Outlook Express program MSOE.DLL. This happened on at least two different attempts. However, while writing this request I tried to repeat the problem so I could get the exact error message wording and like magic it now works correctly. I sure I’m not the only one that has had this "problem". Does Photoshop heal itself?!! What the heck is going on? Curious.

What email program is your default?

Check this in your registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail

On the right side make sure your default is the name of your email program

I cant say for sure if this will fix Elements 5 but worth a try

Bill
K
Ken
Dec 26, 2007
I have new information on my PhotoShop Elements 5.0.2 E-Mail problem. The reason it worked when I was posting to this newgroup was because I had "Vista" Windows Mail open while I sent a test E-Mail. If Vista Mail is not open I get the error message "Outlook Express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be loaded". I looked in the registry and Windows Mail is there under…HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>Clients>Mail>Windows Mail. Adobe, if you are out there I still need HELP!

"Ken" wrote in message
D
DotCom
Dec 26, 2007
Yes, that is exactly what happens to me only I am using PSE 6.0 It will only work if my email client is already open.

dotcom

"Ken" wrote in message
I have new information on my PhotoShop Elements 5.0.2 E-Mail problem. The reason it worked when I was posting to this newgroup was because I had "Vista" Windows Mail open while I sent a test E-Mail. If Vista Mail is not open I get the error message "Outlook Express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be loaded". I looked in the registry and Windows Mail is there under…HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>Clients>Mail>Windows Mail. Adobe, if you are out there I still need HELP!

"Ken" wrote in message
K
Ken
Dec 26, 2007
Thanks for telling me 6 has the same problem. I was going to buy yet another release of PhotoShop Elements hoping Adobe had addressed the problem. Have you tried contacting Adobe? I would think almost everyone running Vista has the problem – maybe they just don’t know it!

"DotCom" wrote in message
Yes, that is exactly what happens to me only I am using PSE 6.0 It will only work if my email client is already open.

dotcom

"Ken" wrote in message
I have new information on my PhotoShop Elements 5.0.2 E-Mail problem. The reason it worked when I was posting to this newgroup was because I had "Vista" Windows Mail open while I sent a test E-Mail. If Vista Mail is not open I get the error message "Outlook Express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be loaded". I looked in the registry and Windows Mail is there
under…HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>Clients>Mail>Windows Mail. Adobe, if you are out there I still need HELP!

"Ken" wrote in message
R
Roberto
Dec 26, 2007
No, I have not tried contacting Adobe as yet.
Maybe the problem is that since Vista has a lot more security built in, it won’t just let any program open another program on the fly. Dunno. Anyway, I’ like 6.0 a lot. I just have to remember to have Windows Mail already open in order to send from it. Minor inconvenience IMHO.

dotcom

"Ken" wrote in message
Thanks for telling me 6 has the same problem. I was going to buy yet another release of PhotoShop Elements hoping Adobe had addressed the problem. Have you tried contacting Adobe? I would think almost everyone running Vista has the problem – maybe they just don’t know it!

dotcom

"Ken" wrote in message
I have new information on my PhotoShop Elements 5.0.2 E-Mail problem. The reason it worked when I was posting to this newgroup was because I had "Vista" Windows Mail open while I sent a test E-Mail. If Vista Mail is not open I get the error message "Outlook Express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be loaded". I looked in the registry and Windows Mail is there
under…HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>Clients>Mail>Windows Mail. Adobe, if you are out there I still need HELP!

"Ken" wrote in message
B
Bob
Dec 27, 2007
I have PE 5. I can email a photo even when Windows Mail is closed. Are you are using Norton or McAfee AV?

"dotcom" wrote in message
Maybe the problem is that since Vista has a lot more security built in, it won’t just let any program open another program on the fly. Dunno. Anyway, I’ like 6.0 a lot. I just have to remember to have Windows Mail already open in order to send from it. Minor inconvenience IMHO.
dotcom

"Ken" wrote in message

dotcom

"Ken" wrote in message

"Ken" wrote in message
K
Ken
Dec 27, 2007
No. But I suspect the problem maybe related to having multiple E-Mail clients in the Vista registry. I have two entries Hotmail and then Windows Mail – in that order. What do you have in the registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>Clients>Mail that allows your setup to work correctly?

"Bob" wrote in message
I have PE 5. I can email a photo even when Windows Mail is closed. Are you are using Norton or McAfee AV?

dotcom

"Ken" wrote in message

dotcom

"Ken" wrote in message

"Ken" wrote in message
B
Bob
Dec 27, 2007
I have multiple E-Mail clients in the Vista registry as well. Hotmail, Windows Live and Windows Mail – in that order.

Under mail the key is:

Under Windows Mail the key is:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\Windows Mail

"Ken" wrote in message
No. But I suspect the problem maybe related to having multiple E-Mail clients in the Vista registry. I have two entries Hotmail and then Windows Mail – in that order. What do you have in the registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>Clients>Mail that allows your setup to work correctly?

"Bob" wrote in message

dotcom

"Ken" wrote in message

dotcom

"Ken" wrote in message

"Ken" wrote in message
K
Ken
Dec 27, 2007
So much for that thought!

"Bob" wrote in message
I have multiple E-Mail clients in the Vista registry as well. Hotmail, Windows Live and Windows Mail – in that order.

Under mail the key is:

"Ken" wrote in message

"Bob" wrote in message

dotcom

"Ken" wrote in message

dotcom

"Ken" wrote in message

"Ken" wrote in message
B
Bob
Dec 28, 2007
You might find a solution if you post the problem in
microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail.

"Ken" wrote in message
So much for that thought!

"Bob" wrote in message

Under mail the key is:

"Ken" wrote in message

"Bob" wrote in message

dotcom

"Ken" wrote in message

dotcom

"Ken" wrote in message

"Ken" wrote in message

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections