SB
Posted By
Stan Baranowski
Mar 4, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does anyone have a suggestion for a good book on Elements 6. I have the dummy book but it is for smarter dummies then me!!
I have absolutely no graphics knowledge.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Bob
Mar 4, 2008
You don’t need a book. There are plenty of free online tutorials. Google "photoshop elements tutorials". You may not find much specifically for v.6 but but it’s still applicable.

"Stan Baranowski" wrote in message
Does anyone have a suggestion for a good book on Elements 6. I have the dummy book but it is for smarter dummies then me!!
G
Gordo
Mar 5, 2008
The Missing Manual by Barbara Brundage.

Gordo

"Stan Baranowski" wrote in message
MC
Michael Calverley
Mar 5, 2008
Stan Baranowski wrote:

You should get the Adobe Classroom in a Book. The way that it was put to me when I asked the question was this way. Books written by a single author may not know 100% everything about Photoshop Elements.

But the Classroom in a Book is written by the people who write the program. So the person who programs "Layers" writes that section. So you get the expertise from everyone who worked on the program.
G
Gordo
Mar 6, 2008
Have you looked at the Missing Manual Books? Did you realize that there is a Creative Team of 7 additional individual contributors listed in the Missing Credits section of the Elements 3 version of the manual? She is a reletively long term expert in this software.

Gordo

"Michael Calverley" wrote in message
Stan Baranowski wrote:

You should get the Adobe Classroom in a Book. The way that it was put to me when I asked the question was this way. Books written by a single author may not know 100% everything about Photoshop Elements.
But the Classroom in a Book is written by the people who write the program. So the person who programs "Layers" writes that section. So you get the expertise from everyone who worked on the program.
MT
Mr Tired
Mar 21, 2008
Stan Baranowski wrote:
Have you looked at "The Missing Manual" series? Thats quite useful, IMHO.
S
support
Apr 28, 2008
On Mar 4, 4:44 pm, "Stan Baranowski" wrote:

Photoshop Elements User Site and their magazine? That is a fairly reasonable source of Photoshop Elements info and tutorials (though not exactly a Photoshop elements book!)

Andrew
A
ALM
May 1, 2008
I used PSE6 The Missing Manual, by Barbara Brundage and I was very pleased with it as a reference.
wrote in message
On Mar 4, 4:44 pm, "Stan Baranowski" wrote:

Photoshop Elements User Site and their magazine? That is a fairly reasonable source of Photoshop Elements info and tutorials (though not exactly a Photoshop elements book!)

Andrew

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections