JK
Posted By
Jeffrey Kaplan
Nov 9, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using Elements 7 and I’m suddenly having a very hard time with printing. There were no changes to my setup between when it worked right and when it started giving me headaches.

I’m trying to print a color photo. I’ve calibrated my monitor using the calibration wizard in Win7 and the display is now better. I have the image file set with the aRGB color profile and I have the printer (Epson Stylus Photo R280) configured to use aRGB via the device settings. Whenever I print out of Elements, it’s too dark. I have tried it by going into the Printer Prefs from Elements’ print dialog and alternately specifying using the aRGB color profile, using ICM/ICC, and to not manage colors. In each case, it is printing too dark.

Yet when I take the same file and print it from ACDSee, the colors are much better. Not perfect, but almost. Same computer, same ink, same paper and same printer. This tells me that a large part of the problem is with Elements, not the printer.

I have also re-installed the printer drivers, and then I also uninstalled them and installed the updated drivers for Win7 (this problem started before I upgraded to Win7).

Someone please help me save what’s left of my sanity here, an hour ago I came close to defenestrating the printer.

Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org Double ROT13 encoded for your protection

Notes on Fortress Construction: 8. If possible, no exhaust ports should lead directly to the heart of the reactor core. If that is unavoidable, all such exhaust ports should have closeable reinforced blast doors at every other level, and alternate routes of venting in case of emergency.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections