Posted By
Rob_Keijzer
Feb 18, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
You skip that step with the Spyder

Now I’ve read the manual (how much can one do on one evening) I realise that.

It could fail, but you wrote that the monitor looked just as bad without a profile. That pretty much excludes the Spyder IMO.

Rob

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

GS
Geo_S
Feb 18, 2008
Not exactly. Monitor looks great without a profile, and it looks great with an old profle made with the Spyder and CN CE. It only looks bad with Spyder profiles made with CN 5 (which are the most recent ones).

Update: I just remembered that I had run a profile with the Spyder’s own Colorvision software after I had done the CN 5’s. I just checked that one and it looks fine! That would indicate it is not the Spyder, but is totally the version 5 software.

George
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Feb 18, 2008
But my version 5 ran fine. I’m off to sleep now, so for the moment I quit. Check in tomorrow.

Rob
GS
Geo_S
Feb 19, 2008
OK, I completely purged 5 from my system and downloaded it again from the Eizo website. I ran a profile and the the green problem returned. I did that entire purge and reload process again, and still have the problem. I then reinstalled CE and ran two profiles, both of which were perfect. Clearly a problem with 5, but I have no idea why.
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Feb 19, 2008
Maybe it’s the combination of 5 and Spyder.

One little difference I noticed (between CE and Ver 5) is that when the software is instructed to put the black point on "minimum", CE puts it on 0.09 cd/m2, while Version 5 puts it on 0.14 cd/m2.

This makes "step one" (a black R0 G0 B0 screen with a square patch that’s R1 G1 B1)* not really visible, while it is just visible when 0.09 cd/m2 is the minimum.

* on the range 0 ~ 255, so not percentages.

I’ll try to manually set it to the latter value to see if it accepts it.

Rob
GS
Geo_S
Feb 19, 2008
Interesting idea. My problem does definitely seem to be at the far black end of the scale. I noticed in CE that you can choose to have it not adjust the black point, or to have it adjust it at either a number or at "minimum." I tried it with no adjustment and at minimum and it worked both ways. What I should do is what you suggest and take the minimum number shown in CE and try it in 5 set to that number.

George
RK
Rob_Keijzer
May 18, 2008
Things change.

Today I downloaded ColorNavigator v5.1 and none of the previously issues apply.

With this version (dated Mar 2008) I can set set the black point to "minimum", and end up with my Eizo returning 0.09 cd/m2, instead of 0.14 cd/m2 (automatic) or 0.2 cd/m2 (manual) that the previous version forced me to have.

< http://shop.colourconfidence.com/page.php?xPage=updates.html>

Rob
GS
Geo_S
May 18, 2008
Thanks Rob, I’ll give it a try.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections