DM
Posted By
Dennis_MV
Aug 17, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I compare photos a lot. I usually zoom in 100% or more on a particular part of the photo that for example is in the middle of the image. However, as soon I press Ctrl-F6 to jump to another image, my zoomed position gets reset to the top left corner. This is frustrating.

Is there a way to keep the place where you’ve last zoomed in even if you jump between windows within Photoshop ?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JJ
John Joslin
Aug 17, 2008
Why don’t you use Bridge?
DM
Dennis_MV
Oct 7, 2008
Why don’t I:

* Open up all windows with images I need to compare
* Make sure that the windows are Restored (not Maximized) * Set desired zoom and position in the current window
* In menu go to Window, Arrange, Match Zoom and Location * Maximize windows if necessary
* enjoy swapping between windows via CTRL-F6 to compare images * still use Photoshop. I don’t know how to use Bridge for my task of comparing images at 100% or xx%, while at the same time making edits to them.

The above gives me a reasonable workflow, if images I’m comparing are identical in size and matter. However, otherwise, above still doesn’t work — if I modify location in one of the windows, swap to another window via CTRL-F6, and then swap back to the original window, the location position will be reset. Reset, as if I did not modify the location. Photoshop still gives me trouble with that. Maybe there is a setting in there that I can tweak. I have not found it yet.
A
alejoreba
Oct 14, 2008
Have you been able to find the solution for this serious bug of the Photoshop CS3? Thank you.

:
I compare photos a lot. I usually zoom in 100% or more on a particular part of the photo that for example is in the middle of the image. However, as soon I press Ctrl-F6 to jump to another image, my zoomed position gets reset to the top left corner. This is frustrating.

Is there a way to keep the place where you’ve last zoomed in even if you jump between windows within Photoshop ?

Why don’t I:

* Open up all windows with images I need to compare
* Make sure that the windows are Restored (not Maximized) * Set desired zoom and position in the current window
* In menu go to Window, Arrange, Match Zoom and Location * Maximize windows if necessary
* enjoy swapping between windows via CTRL-F6 to compare images * still use Photoshop. I don’t know how to use Bridge for my task of comparing images at 100% or xx%, while at the same time making edits to them.

The above gives me a reasonable workflow, if images I’m comparing are identical in size and matter. However, otherwise, above still doesn’t work — if I modify location in one of the windows, swap to another window via CTRL-F6, and then swap back to the original window, the location position will be reset. Reset, as if I did not modify the location. Photoshop still gives me trouble with that. Maybe there is a setting in there that I can tweak. I have not found it yet.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections