DC
Posted By
d_cole
Sep 22, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Grateful for any advice on how I can get rid of the jitters and lags I am having with my Intuos 3 pen and tablet. The cursor is not moving smoothly and there is often a lag between moving the pen tool and the cursor moving in response (to produce a brushed line or an erased area). I have memory in CS3 set to 61% (of 3Gb ram in total). I am using a Matrox M9125 (512Mb memory) graphics card under Vista Ultimate 32Bit. I am not experiencing the same cursor lags and jitters in Corel Painter X.

I wonder if maybe it’s a driver issue – but I’m using the latest drivers for vga card and Wacom hardware. I also have the Vista Pen and Tablet functions disabled.

Hope someone can suggest a remedy. Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

C
Curvemeister
Sep 22, 2008
If holding down the space bar makes the jitter go away, I have a couple of ideas.
DC
d_cole
Sep 22, 2008
Thanks. It seems to have righted itself but I’ll keep your idea in mind and try it if the lags start again. I got rid of some phantom Wacom mice from Device Manager and this may have helped. Time will tell.
MV
Martin_V_Madsen
Sep 23, 2008
It’s a vista + photoshop issue, just run Windows Vista in Aero mode and it will go away. I know this seems backwards, but in this case something actually runs better with Aero enabled =).
DC
d_cole
Sep 23, 2008
Martin
That’s very interesting. I recently had trouble with a vga card and switched to Standard Vista mode and come to think of it that’s probably when my lags and jitters started. Subsequently, when I installed a new card and switched back to aero mode, the problems seemed to have vanished. They have not reappeared. It never occurred to me that the issue was Standard/Aero mode. It’s very helpful to know that. Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections