S
Posted By
shuyg
Oct 3, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I made a javascript which has to convert and edit 18000 PDF’s (pages) to arround 103.000 small images. I use ExtendScript Toolkit 2 to load a small file with all the file locations. Then each file will be opened and edited (one by one). This works fine and there are no real peaks in memory usage.
I let photoshop use arround 1500MB from the 1600 available RAM (Preferences -> Performance). I’ve never seen the whole system use more then 1200MB (2000MB available).

Despite that there is enough memory, the script stops working with the text "General photoshop error occurred … this functionality because there is not enough memory (RAM)" in the status bar from ExtendScript.
When I restart the script, it will continue where it stopped and the next file will be converted without a problem.

The PDF file is not the problem and memory usage in general is not a problem.

Is this a bug or do I need to tweak photoshop more?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

F
Freeagent
Oct 3, 2008
This message is typically related to scratch disk, not RAM.

If possible, put Photoshop scratch disk on a dedicated first partition on a separate drive from the system drive. If that’s not possible (laptop) you should make sure that your drive is defragmented with enough contiguous free space.
PR
Paul_R
Oct 3, 2008
Sorry hit the send button twice. Ooops.
PR
Paul_R
Oct 3, 2008
Xbytor has written a script to get around this problem it will stop/start Photoshop using Bridge. Full detail here.
< http://www.ps-scripts.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1728&highli ght=ftbatch >

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections