WO
Posted By
Wallace Ottersbach
Oct 23, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My flatbed just bit the dust and I need a new one. I have a bunch of color 35mm mounted slides in carousels that I would also like to be able to scan, in addition to my normal scanning needs (book pages, faxing, etc.).

I thought this might be an excellent place to get some recommendations. My current scanner is a Visioneer and several years old. It was great in its time but not that great at color today.

I have an Oly 750uz and E-510 for my photo needs so the slides are definitely legacy. I normally process with Lightroom but also have CS3 for retouching.

I have no favorite vendor but it seems that Epson gets a lot of traffic (casual observation while I’ve not been in the market).

I would appreciate any advice on a quality scanner at <$150 (hope this is not an oxymoron!).

Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JR
John_R_Nielsen
Oct 23, 2008
I am a fan of Microtek. You may consider the <s450,/a>. <http://www.microtekusa.com/microtek-scanmaker-s450.html>
RB
Robert_Barnett
Oct 24, 2008
I have had a love the Epson V700. Very nice for the money.

Robert
JJ
John Joslin
Oct 24, 2008
There are three brands of consumer scanner: Epson, Epson, and Epson.
QP
Q_Photo
Oct 24, 2008
I hate to correct you John, but there is a forth choice. I do believe that you left out Epson!

I recently purchased an Epson V500 and I’m very satisfied with it. Less features than the V700 but meets my needs at a considerably lower cost. Good results from 35mm negs and slides. I think it is normally $250.00 but got mine, on sale, for $200.00. Check Epson site.

Q

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections