B
Posted By
bobby18301
Nov 18, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This is the worst version of an upgrade that I can remember and I’ve been with Photoshop since version 3. Bridge can’t stay open for more than a minute before it crashes! Gee…maybe it’s because I was trying to view something from an external HD? In Photoshop, I open an old PSD file and it’s surrounded by gray with the rulers too far away to make any sense. I finally figure out that I have to "float all pallets" but then when I open another image my first one disappears until I go back to the "float all pallets". I’m ready to throw my computer across the room. I’m sure it’s all pilot error and once I retrain myself (how many months I wonder?) I’ll settle down but I have real jobs to do and right now this version sucks!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DM
dave_milbut
Nov 18, 2008
does that link ahve anything to do with cs4 fred?
FM
Fred M Stevens
Nov 18, 2008
Dave.. the doc’s not for CS4, no, but disabling the multiprocessor support is something good to try if you get random crashes in an application. I had issues with Dawn Of War (video game) a few years back with a AMD Athlon X2 processor, and it crashed completely randomly; setting affinity to only one processor core fixed that issue. A later patch to DOW made it so I didn’t have to set affinity anymore.

if it’s not multiprocessor conflicts, you could look at:

<http://www.adobe.com/go/kb404905>

For Photoshop, the issues are probably related to OpenGL issues. see the "Updating GPU Drivers" section and the "Troubleshooting" section of this doc to find out what’s up:

<http://www.adobe.com/go/kb404898>
JJ
John Joslin
Nov 18, 2008
this version sucks!

They have changed the UI – learn how to use it!

Duh!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections