J
Posted By
Juneyoung
Dec 1, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been using CS3 hapilly for quite a while and recently upgraded to CS4. (I have not yet deleted CS3 until I am sure of CS4) I am having problems with brushes that I either created myself or have downloaded over time. These brushes work perfectly well in CS3 and load and work OK in CS4 BUT after I have finished using a particular brush I cannot change back to any other tool or even to a different brush in the same set. it is as if once selected the brush is ‘frozen’ on the cursor. This is not happening with the brushes supplied with CS4 – (the usual basic stuff) – only with brushes I have created/downloaded for use in CS3.

I have re-set the preferences file at the request of Adobe but that did nothing. Has anyone else had this problem? I don’t fancy having to re-configure all my brushes I have several hundred!!

I am using Windows XP Media Centre Edition 2005 on an HP Pavillion laptop. I have 2048MB DDR2 SDRAM (2 Dimm) and an nVidia GeForce Go 7600 with 256MB DDR (dedicated) graphics card.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CC
Chris_Cox
Dec 2, 2008
If the cursor is the only problem, my guess is that you haven’t updated your video card drivers.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections