Posted By
Kugar13
Jan 7, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey guys.

I’m working on a project that won’t let me export as JPEG. Puzzled, I opened a new file with the same settings and it wouldn’t let me export as JPEG. I tried to save the new project blank and with a simple layer with a color on it and no dice. I opened a previous (older) project with similar settings and it would let me export as JPEG. I can’t figure out what gives. On top of that photoshop is running very slow. I have a great comp (4GB RAM, 750 HD with lots of space, never hooked up to the net, etc), but it suddenly acts funny with photoshop.

Any advice?

Current project specs:

Custom project
Size 4" x 4"
Res: 300 Pixels/inch
cmyk color
16 bit
transparent background
11.0M project size
color profile: U.S. web coated (swop) v2
Aspect ratio: square

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
dave_milbut
Jan 7, 2009
no layers. no 16 bit? you can use save for web, that’ll allow you to export to jpg. or you can flatten and convert to 8 bit…
JJ
John Joslin
Jan 7, 2009
16-bit doesn’t go into JPEG!
K
Kugar13
Jan 7, 2009
Thanks guys!

What is 16-bit used for?

Thanks again!!!
SL
Steve_LL
Jan 11, 2009
First duplicate image and convert the new file to 8bit then File -> Save As, then put a check in the box "As A Copy" in the Save Options lower down in the window.
Now when you click on the down arrow, for the extension, JPEG should be one of the choices. After saving a "copy" of your (flattens automatically) image, you can then save the original as a PSD with all your layers still active.
D
Dave
Jan 11, 2009
Change Image/Mode to RGB.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections