Posted By
Lew
Jun 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi

I used to have photoshop automatically open anytime I clicked on a jpeg file (whether on the flash card from my camera or my pix folder or wherever.) It no longer does; don’t recall if it stopped when I went to a new cptr with xp instead of 98 or a newer version (PS7) of photoshop.

It’s just a minor inconvenience having it open in the windows viewer but would prefer it open in photoshop automatically. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

HL
Harry Limey
Jun 3, 2004
Lew
Find a file with a jpeg image in it – right click on the file – in the drop down box click on ‘Open with’ – choose programme – navigate to & highlight photoshop – then tick ‘ always open with this programme’ click on OK. Harry
L
Lew
Jun 3, 2004
Thanks Harry; see below

"Harry Limey" wrote in message
Lew
Find a file with a jpeg image in it – right click on the file – in the
drop
down box click on ‘Open with’ – choose programme – navigate to & highlight photoshop

I got this far; opened with ps fine. Where do I go from here to "- then tick ‘ always open with this programme’ click on OK." I don’t find this always open with this program?
Harry

HL
Harry Limey
Jun 3, 2004
I should have made it clearer – at the bottom of the list of programmes that are shown, should be a further item marked "Choose Programme" you should click on that "Choose Programme" option and then you get a window with numerous other options & the "always use this programme" tick box! Hope that is clearer?

"Lew" wrote in message
Thanks Harry; see below

Lew
drop
down box click on ‘Open with’ – choose programme – navigate to &
highlight
photoshop

I got this far; opened with ps fine. Where do I go from here to "- then tick ‘ always open with this programme’ click on OK." I don’t find this always open with this program?
Harry

L
Lew
Jun 3, 2004
got it; THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lew
I should have made it clearer – at the bottom of the list of programmes
that
are shown, should be a further item marked "Choose Programme" you should click on that "Choose Programme" option and then you get a window with numerous other options & the "always use this programme" tick box! Hope that is clearer?

"Lew" wrote in message
Thanks Harry; see below

Lew
drop
down box click on ‘Open with’ – choose programme – navigate to &
highlight
photoshop

I got this far; opened with ps fine. Where do I go from here to "-
then
tick ‘ always open with this programme’ click on OK." I don’t find this always open with this program?
Harry

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections