V
Posted By
vlambros
Feb 27, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have cs3 extended. Is there a tool ( i can’t find one) that will allow you to make a selection and then calculate the pixel area of the selection? For measuring areas in a scientific application.

Thanks

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
pfigen
Feb 27, 2009
The Info Palette will certainly give you the pixel dimensions of your selection. Calculating the area should be easy from there. Just Ctl-click in your ruler area to change the measurement to pixels and open your Info Palette.
V
vlambros
Feb 27, 2009
thanks. Pixel dimensions are easy in a rectilinear format. I meant surface area of an irregular shape. Like what would be the surface are of an amoeba or ameobiform selection? in square pixels?

VL
V
vlambros
Feb 27, 2009
thanks. Pixel dimensions are easy in a rectilinear format. I meant surface area of an irregular shape. Like what would be the surface are of an amoeba or ameobiform selection? in square pixels?

VL
P
pfigen
Feb 27, 2009
In that case you can use the Histogram which will calculate the number of pixels within the selection. Will that do it for you?
P
Phosphor
Feb 27, 2009
Does this screen shot give you enough to go on?
P
Phosphor
Feb 27, 2009
Sure, Peter…go for the text description!

😉 XD
P
pfigen
Feb 27, 2009
See, that damned Histogram is finally good for something. Who’d a thunk.
V
vlambros
Feb 27, 2009
I am having trouble posting on this forum, but thank you. The histogram works brilliantly/

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections