RP
Posted By
richard P Foster
Sep 18, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Adobe 7.01. My color swatches have somehow changed tones, even the default colors have shifted. The browns are greens, the reds are yellows and orange. I use windows XP but had no problem until today. Does anyone have any idea how to reset these colors?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
Phosphor
Sep 19, 2003
As the FAQ says: fix your display profile.
RP
richard P Foster
Sep 20, 2003
Chris Cox; My working space and pictures in my file have the correct colors. Why are the swatches the only thing effected?
Richard Foster
P
Phosphor
Sep 20, 2003
Then, have you tried resetting the swatches?

(I’m still betting on a bad display profile)
Y
YrbkMgr
Sep 21, 2003
I’m still betting on a bad display profile

<nodding>
RP
richard P Foster
Sep 24, 2003
Chris Cox; I have reset the swatches; checked the profile and it matches my original set up. Is there a procedure you would recommend to check the profile. Maybe I am missing something.
Chris; do you have relatives in PA? I noticed you went to college in Pittsburg.I knew two Cox boys who would be in their 70" now.
Y
YrbkMgr
Sep 24, 2003
I have pants older than Chris. <grin>

Richard, you might want to use Adobe Gamma and create a new profile with a different starting point – that is, don’t use the existing profile, start with one of the canned ones and create a new monitor profile.
P
Phosphor
Sep 25, 2003
No relatives named Cox in PA, sorry.

Use Adobe Gamma to create a new profile, as explained in the FAQ.
RP
richard P Foster
Sep 26, 2003
Chris; I used Adobe Gamma to create a new profile and saved under a new name. The settings came out identical to my previous profile but my swatches are back to normal. I guess the other profile was corrupted. Thanks for your help.
My grandchildren thank you as well. They appear to be budding artists.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections