M
Posted By
mike
Sep 4, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I skipped Vista and want to spend my money on a new ‘dream system’ with Win 7, dual monitors and whatever else may be good for the latest PS. (Any word on CS5 yet?)
Money is not a real problem except I of course want to spend wisely. What is suggested? Did some Googling with no real results.

32bit or 64bit OS – so far I’m using CS3?

twin 24" LCDs or one 24" and a smaller for the menus? Is 24" the size to get?

Which dual monitor graphics card is best with PS ? Is there a limit to max memory that PS can use. I have had bad ATI experiences – is there a better brand?

Have found no info by Adobe. Anything to look out for?

Regards,
mike

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
rob
Sep 4, 2009
wrote:
I skipped Vista and want to spend my money on a new ‘dream system’ with Win 7, dual monitors and whatever else may be good for the latest PS. (Any word on CS5 yet?)
Money is not a real problem except I of course want to spend wisely. What is suggested? Did some Googling with no real results.
32bit or 64bit OS – so far I’m using CS3?

Which dual monitor graphics card is best with PS ? Is there a limit to max memory that PS can use. I have had bad ATI experiences – is there a better brand?

Have found no info by Adobe. Anything to look out for?

Regards,
mike

There is a problem with W7 and Adobe but by the time its full released then it will have a fix.

They have been rolling out laptops with W7 OS preloaded and Adobe Master suite amongst the software installed.

I do think one monitor is better and maybe a 26" would be more practical.24" are now coming out 1920×1080 whereas they were 1920×1200 I like the depth. Two monitors were a solution before wide screens.

Most Video cards are dual graphics I use an older Gigabyte NX66T 256Mb still good and fast but it was an expensive card when bought and still upgradeable drivers. (4-5 years old now) DDR3 ram. I don’t use the 3D in PS4.

As for 32 or 64 we will eventually go 64 if there is enough drivers.
BG
Ben G Compson
Sep 7, 2009
wrote:

Mike, I have a two-monitor system and one of the monitors is being fixed. I’m able to get by for a while with just one monitor, fortunately. So I recommend that you get two for safety’s sake. If you get two, get them both the same size. If not, it’s sometimes tough to mouse from the larger to the smaller.
M
mike
Sep 7, 2009
On Mon, 07 Sep 2009 18:22:45 -0400, Ben G Compson
wrote:

wrote:

Mike, I have a two-monitor system and one of the monitors is being fixed. I’m able to get by for a while with just one monitor, fortunately. So I recommend that you get two for safety’s sake. If you get two, get them both the same size. If not, it’s sometimes tough to mouse from the larger to the smaller.

I’m sure that it must be a matched set of monitors. Any really good video cards that you are aware of?

Do I dare get win7 with 64bit and expect to run my old software from Office2002 to PSP8 etc. or is it far safer to go with the old 32bit setup?
I’m really not interested in spending a lot of time making the PC run. I’m a user not a fixer.
m

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections