Posted By
Doug_Clay
Aug 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
I did a search and came up empty here at the PS forum. I’m trying to find how to change MSIE v5.2 from auto launching when viewing a PSv7.01 Web Gallery folder, and also when using PS’s Help menu. I have set NC v7.1 as default w/in Safari’s preferences, but MSIE keeps hoging everything. There has to be a way, and going koo-koo. OS10.3.5 DP 1.25GHz G4. Any help would be fantastic. Thanks guys…

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DC
Doug_Clay
Aug 20, 2004
Hi again,
After all this time I just noticed this in PS’s Folder:
[Edit: ReadMe file]
Online Help (Mac OS X Only)

You will need to have Internet Explorer 5.1 or higher installed to be able to access and use Adobe Photoshop 7.0.1 Online Help and Adobe Online.

You will not be able to use Netscape as your default browser when using Online Help or Adobe Online.

This is odd because I know people that refuse to install MSIE software. I just wonder what they do when going to the Help menu via PS. Or maybe they don’t. I’d still like to find a way to change Web Gallery’s preview from launching MSIE. These boards have been very helpful in the past…thank you all.
-doug
R
Ram
Aug 20, 2004
Doug,

I had been wondering what you meant by "NC" in your original post. Usually Nutscrape is referred to as "NS". 😀
DC
Doug_Clay
Aug 20, 2004
Hi Ramon,

LOL..never heard NC (Netscape Communicator) referred to like that. Sorry about the mixup. But I’m super happy now as I did find a fix. Went to HD/Applications/Adobe Photoshop/Help …and did a Get Info on the html files in there: Change All–>to Netscape vs (Explorer-‘default’). And now I know it can be also changed to Safari if I wish. My previews of Web Gallery are in Netscape, and PS’s Help menu. I just hope maybe this might help ONE person.
-doug

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections