Posted By
Jay Snively
Nov 15, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,
I have Photoshop 4.0.1 with Windows 98 and I have an image in the mode "Indexed color" that I am attempting to save as a .GIF. When I choose "Save as", I get a dialog box that says "GIF89a Options." I click "OK". Then I get
a dialog box that says "Some image data, such as printer settings, cannot be saved with this file format; save anyway?" I click "OK." Then I get a dialog box that says "Could not save ‘C:\…\leftimage.GIF’ because the file is locked. Use the ‘Properties’ command in the File Manager to unlock the file."
I do not understand that last message. What is File Manager? And how do I unlock a file?
Thank you.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

E
edjh
Nov 15, 2003
Jay Snively wrote:
Hello,
I have Photoshop 4.0.1 with Windows 98 and I have an image in the mode "Indexed color" that I am attempting to save as a .GIF. When I choose "Save as", I get a dialog box that says "GIF89a Options." I click "OK". Then I get
a dialog box that says "Some image data, such as printer settings, cannot be saved with this file format; save anyway?" I click "OK." Then I get a dialog box that says "Could not save ‘C:\…\leftimage.GIF’ because the file is locked. Use the ‘Properties’ command in the File Manager to unlock the file."
I do not understand that last message. What is File Manager? And how do I unlock a file?
Thank you.
Right-click on the file. You should get a menu with the item Properties at the bottom. Select it and in the dialog uncheck Read Only and hit OK. —
Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections