JH
Posted By
Jean_Hanamoto
Nov 29, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Suddenly, Photoshop tells me there is a program error when I try to turn a .psd or .tif file into a .pdf. No other explanation.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

PD
Paul_D._Ferguson
Nov 29, 2006
Jean,

What version of Photoshop are you running? Is there any other information about your system, or recent changes to it, that could be relevant? How far do you get before you encounter the program error?

It is always good to be as specific as possible when posting a problem report on this forum. People are helpful, but we’re not mind readers… 🙂

Paul
B
Buko
Nov 30, 2006
Read this LenHewitt, "How To Get Help Quickly" #, 4 Mar 2004 7:27 am </cgi-bin/webx?50>
JH
Jean_Hanamoto
Dec 1, 2006
Well, I guess I fixed my own problem – The standard restart! I put my Mac to sleep every night, but it often doesn’t get restarted for weeks. I should have done this first thing! Thanks for your help.
R
Ram
Dec 1, 2006
Re your Mac sleeping at night:

Additionally, if your machine does not run 24/7 so that it runs the daily, weekly and monthly Cron Scripts in the middle of the night as intended by Apple, run Cocktail (shareware) as well.

Cron Scripts are maintenance routines designed by Apple to run on a daily, weekly and monthly basis in the middle of the night.

If you don’t run them, you WILL run into trouble, sooner rather than later.

Here’s an excerpt from the Apple tech doc <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107388>

Mac OS X performs background maintenance tasks at certain times if the computer is not in sleep mode. If your computer is shut down or in sleep at the designated times, the maintenance does not occur. In that case, you may want or need to run these manually.
Mac OS X periodically runs background tasks that, in part, remove system files that are no longer needed. This includes purging older information from log files or deleting certain temporary items. These tasks do not run if the computer is shut down or in sleep mode. If the tasks do not run, it is possible that certain log files (such as system.log) may become very large.
Also, from: <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106978>

The disk activity generated by find is a normal part of file system maintenance, used for tasks such as removing invisible temporary files that are used by the system. It is scheduled to occur early in the morning at 03:15 everyday, 04:30 on Saturdays, and 05:30 on the first day of each month.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections