P
Posted By
predestin8
Jul 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am importing streamlined handlettering onto a PS background placed in Illustrator 9. However, the inner contained areas of the lettering (bowls of a’s, e’s, etc.) show up white. I need them to be transparent so the background colors are visible. How do I achieve this? TIA

Fred

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

S
Stuart
Jul 28, 2004
Predestin8 wrote:

I am importing streamlined handlettering onto a PS background placed in Illustrator 9. However, the inner contained areas of the lettering (bowls of a’s, e’s, etc.) show up white. I need them to be transparent so the background colors are visible. How do I achieve this? TIA

Fred

I replied to your post in the Illustrator group, you should have done a cross post or waited for answers in the one before going into the other.

Stuart
T
tacitr
Jul 28, 2004
I am importing streamlined handlettering onto a PS background placed in Illustrator 9. However, the inner contained areas of the lettering (bowls of
a’s, e’s, etc.) show up white. I need them to be transparent so the
background
colors are visible. How do I achieve this? TIA

In Illustrator, you use the "Make Compound Paths" command.

Art, literature, shareware, polyamory, kink, and more:
http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
P
predestin8
Jul 28, 2004
<< I replied to your post in the Illustrator group, you should have done a cross post or waited for answers in the one before going into the other.

Stuart >>

sorry…I’m new at this.

Fred

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections