W
Posted By
whiteMemphis
Dec 1, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The prog. I’m using is P/shop Elements 2, assuming it is the same in this aspect as photoshop. As I haven’t used layers I’m a bit lost here so maybe someone can shed some light, I’m trying to do a move operation on an image & the message I get says ‘no can do layer locked’. I didn’t invoke this, & I can’t find in the help files or my manual how to unlock it, I’vd looked in the layers palette but haven’t found a way to ‘unlock it’. thanks v much any advice.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

C
Clinical
Dec 1, 2003
Default state for the background layer is locked. To "unlock", double click it in the layers palette. This turns it into a regular layer and makes it movable.

"whiteMemphis" wrote in message
The prog. I’m using is P/shop Elements 2, assuming it is the same in this aspect as photoshop. As I haven’t used layers I’m a bit lost here so maybe someone can shed some light, I’m trying to do a move operation on an image
&
the message I get says ‘no can do layer locked’. I didn’t invoke this, &
I
can’t find in the help files or my manual how to unlock it, I’vd looked in the layers palette but haven’t found a way to ‘unlock it’. thanks v much
any
advice.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections